Tough Track is excited to announce that we are… “TAKING IT TO THE STREETS”!
What started as a track and field club 16 years ago, now has more and more distance runners and road racers joining our club. We are embarking on a new endeavor!
On May 4, 2019, the 1st Annual Tough Track Mile will take place in the Whyte Ridge area (Exact Route Map will be out in the next 2 weeks). There will be 3 distances offered based on Athletics Canada’s Long Term Development Model.
The following races and categories will be offered:
- Ages 10 and Under (Born 2009 and Younger) Girls and Boys 600m
- Ages 11 to 12 (Born 2007,2008) Girls and Boys 1000m
- Ages 13 to 14 (Born 2005, 2006) Girls and Boys 1000m
- High School 15 -18 (Born 2001,2002,2003,2004) Women and Men Mile
- Moxie Elite (Born 2000 and Older) Women and Men Mile
- Masters (40 and Up, age groups TBA) Women and Men Mile
The Men’s and Women’s Elite Mile will be Sponsored by Moxie’s Grill and Bar.
Sponsorship space is still available. Anyone who is interested in sponsorship please contact me directly at email@example.com or 204 963 2502.
I am very excited to bring the track world to the streets! This will be a Manitoba Runner’s Association sanctioned event and distances will be certified through Athletics Canada.
More details will be coming out in the next week, along with entry forms, race start times, race route details and online registration.
Looking forward to a great new event which will take place on the morning of
Saturday, May 4th.
Spring is in the air!
Stride Ahead Tough Track
204 963 2502