Coaches and Assistant coaches
Coaching is critical to both the development and enjoyment for our young soccer players. Being a soccer coach, especially at the U3/4 to U12 ages, does NOT require soccer experience. For many of you parents who will be out cheering every time your child plays, please consider becoming a coach.
Whyte Ridge Youth Soccer will help give you the tools to help you give your child(ren) and their friends a great soccer experience. We reimburse you for taking any of the 4 courses outlined in Phase 1 – The Community Coach Stream, as governed by the Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) as follows:
- Active Start (players U4-U6) – 3 hours
- FUNdamentals (players: boys U6-U9 & girls U6-U8) – 7 hours
- Learn to Train (players: boys U9-U12, girls U8-U11) – 14 hours + Make Ethical Decisions Module
- Soccer for Life (players: boys U13+, girls U12+) – 14 hours + Make Ethical Decisions Module
More information about clinics and training can be found at: www.manitobasoccer.ca/coach/certification-new
Reimbursement policy: Up to one clinic per year, per coach (must be coaching that season), maximum $100. PDF or original of receipt must be submitted to soccer director, along with a PDF or copy of your certificate received at the end of your course. Reimbursements must be requested within 1 month of clinic attended. Please allow 4-6 weeks for reimbursement.
Detailed step-by-step instruction available here:
- Forming teams, transferring players in and out
- Coach and Assistant coach recruitment.
- Help parents and players with registration. You will be first level support for them.
- Keeping track of players number for each of your age groups.
- Attending community clubs swamp meeting (1 per season).
- Most of the work can be done through emails.
- Reporting back to Soccer Directors and Equipment managers when teams are ready.
- Work closely with Soccer Directors in Whyte Ridge. You will get all required support from them and WSEU (our parent organization) as needed.
- Your busiest time usually 1-2 months before a new season starts. Once the soccer season starts, there is barely any work.
- provide a liaison between parents and the coach in the event that a parent is uncomfortable
- sends game cancellations and updates. TeamSnap app/website is a good way to communicate with the team.
- provides referee the list of all coaching personnel present at the game and players names present and dressed to play on the game sheet
- any additional help in organizing team events (scheduling practices, wrap up parties, snack schedule etc) is welcome