Absolutely wonderful news to share regarding Pembina Active Living 55+ (PAL)! Pembina Active Living 55+ is continuing to evolve to enhance the quality of life for older adults in South Winnipeg! SEE: PAL 55+
- I’ve been working with and engaging PAL on my community projects long before I was elected, and now in this role as Councillor.
- PAL is an amazing dynamic group of South Winnipeg residents who are making the lives of older adults in our community stronger and healthier!
- PAL is growing and setting new goals to build a diverse ethnocultural and inclusive community through outreach and programming. Bravo!
NEW SITE / HOME:
- Through much dialogue and collaboration, and after many years of looking, PAL has recently secured a new ‘home’ complete with facilities for a new drop-in center! See Details: PAL’s New Home
- Renovations and upgrades to the interior building facility and exterior grounds of Whyte Ridge Community Center to enable a drop-in center and much programming – watch for a late Fall opening!
NEW PAL 55+ BOARD:
Huge thanks and gratitude to the outgoing board members of PAL – your work over the years has set a solid foundation for the future. PAL’s recent Annual General Meeting resulted in a refreshed board of new talent and long term experience:
- Dr. Sandra Sukhan – President
- Bob Newman – Vice President
- Tony Zienkiewicz – Secretary
- Wendy Memryk – Treasurer
- Bill Ghostkeeper – Director-At-Large
- Lou Guay – Director; Membership Standing Committee Chair
- Janice Handford – Director-At-Large; Ad Hoc Database Development Committee Lead
- Carol Robson – Director; Programming Standing Committee Chair
- Dale Shantz – Director-At-large
- Marla Olinyk – Director; Communications Standing Committee Chair
- Margaret Wilcock – Director-At-Large
- The Board would also like to acknowledge previous board member, Jerry Johnstone, who has agreed to be the Ad Hoc Facilities Committee Lead as PAL (55+) prepares to move into Whyte Ridge Community Centre.
PAL is now looking to hire new staff to build a diverse ethnocultural and inclusive community through outreach and programming.
PAL 55+ Executive Director:
- Thank you to Alanna Jones, retiring Executive Director of PAL. Alana was with PAL for just over 10 years.
- PAL is now seeking an Executive Director. This is an incredible opportunity for the right person.
- See: Executive Director Job description and Application Details
PAL 55+ Volunteer Coordinator:
- This is a new position created to ensure many outreach and programming opportunities for PAL members.
- See: Volunteer Coordinator Job Description and Application Details
Older adults are one group of people that have been very negatively impacted by Covid-19. It is an incredible honour to work with this extremely knowledgeable group of PAL members to help them move forward. It is wonderful to be also working with Councillor Chambers to support older adults in South Winnipeg.
City Councillor, Waverley West Ward.
Originally posted on https://janicelukes.ca/blog/now-hiring-pembina-active-living-55/