GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the General Manager, this position is responsible for the completion of the daily tasks designed to ensure and maintain a safe and welcoming environment at the Whyte Ridge Community Centre and its skating rinks.
The job functions will include the following:
Safety of Skaters
- Supervising activities on the ice and in the community centre;
- Enforcing the City of Winnipeg and the WRCC Rules and Regulations, and
- Understanding and implementing emergency procedures when needed.
- Offer excellent customer service to all patrons. Greet customers with a smile and respond to their needs in a kind and courteous manner.
- Sell rink-related items. These items include tape, skate laces, mouthguards, etc
- Sell canteen-related items.
- Process all cash received accurately.
- Participate in keeping all areas of the facility neat, clean and safe at all times. These duties include sweeping and mopping the rink restrooms, changeroom, and lobby, and removing trash.
- Helping with setting up and dismantling for various special events.
- Making sure all entrances are clear and safe from debris and snow.
- Other duties as assigned
- Are available to work evenings and weekends.
- Over 18 years of age
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to take direction from the General Manager and can complete all tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to assume a positive and active role at the rink, even while working under potentially stressful conditions (weather, upset or injured participants, etc.).
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification (or ability to obtain within 1 month)
- Successful completion of criminal and vulnerable sector checks and child abuse registry checks.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends. Weekday shifts are from 4:30 to 9:30 pm and on weekends, shifts are from 10 am to 3 pm, and 3 pm to 8 pm. Must be available to work a few shifts during winter break.
- Minimum wage ($13.50/h)