…but I am not sure which program is right for me
- Grassroots soccer (Mini-Soccer)
- Recreational youth soccer
- Skill development programs
- Competitive program
- Grassroots soccer, often known as mini-soccer, is geared toward younger children ages 3-7. These programs are designed to develop basic movement skills while focusing primarily on fun and team play. Registration opens on March 1st for our Mini Soccer program.
- Recreational youth soccer begins at age 8 and until age 18. Whyte Ridge offers this as part of the community program; it is the most affordable and schedule-friendly option. Registration opens on March 1st and the outdoor season will run in May and June, with playoff games in July for U13-U18. Then in September registration will be open for the indoor season that runs from November through March. For more information please visit our Youth Soccer page.
- Skill development programs like RDT or other academies offer a year-round program that is also divided into outdoor and indoor seasons, very similar to Whyte Ridge soccer. RDT also runs their outdoor program in Whyte Ridge and offers 2 one-week soccer camps in August. Please visit their website https://rdtminisoccer.com/ for more information.
- Competitive programs such as WSEU (Winnipeg South End United) are the most advanced. They have a one-season format that starts with tryouts. They play indoors until about May, then switch to outdoors and play all summer with a short break in July-August before going back indoors in October. This program requires more dedication from players and is geared towards athletes who want to play at a competitive or premier level. Here is their website – http://www.wseu.ca/
Our program relies on volunteers, which allows us to keep our costs down. Currently, we are in need of a youth convener (U9-U18 age group) and an equipment manager as well as Coaches and Assistant Coaches. If you are interested in any of these positions please visit our Contacts page.
We are excited to open our Whyte Ridge soccer program registration on March 1st! You can find more information and register at www.whyteridge.ca/sports/soccer/registration. For any other questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.