The Whyte Ridge Community Centre is looking to hire a community member as a Recreation Programming Coordinator.
As a Recreation Programming Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to connect with, and positively impact the lives of our community members daily! By planning, coordinating and managing activities and sports programming within our community, you will have the opportunity to enrich community members’ minds, bodies and spirits. The Recreation Programming Coordinator is responsible for the management of recreation and leisure programs for the Community Centre that meets community needs and contributes to the quality of life of residents within the catchment area.
Part-time (approx. 15-20h/week with possible increase depending on performance), less hours during July and August.
- Planning, scheduling, managing, and developing a variety of recreation/sports and arts programs including summer and winter camps.
- Identify trends and evaluate current programs to ensure a high degree of innovation and quality in services.
- Find novel ways to increase community participation in programs and sports both as participants and volunteers.
- Assist in recruiting, selecting, monitoring, and scheduling program staff and volunteers.
- Working with governing bodies, such as GCWCC, Manitoba Soccer, Manitoba Volleyball etc. to adhere to their standards and meet their requirements.
- Development and implementation of WRCC policies and procedures (with input from the Board) that support the delivery of recreation, sport and arts programs.
- Implementation of orientation and training of program leaders/facilitators.
- Coordinate the preparation of program information for use in promotion through website, social media platforms, digital and printed newsletter.
- Apply, renew and manage school permits via Pembina Trails School Division, assign available sports to various programs based on their needs.
- Create Event Espresso/RAMP events on the website.
- Manage registrations via RAMP (entering manual payments and issuing refunds).
- Coordinate payments between community centres for sport players that are transferred to and from the centre.
- Administer coach registration, certification, training and coach cards.
- Responsible for equipment inventory, distribution, obtaining return of equipment and ensuring proper storage of equipment at facility.
- Attending planning meetings and board meetings as needed.
- Writing and submitting grants as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree or diploma in recreation management or a related field, and a minimum of three years of direct experience in Recreation and leisure program administration management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registration Check required.
- Valid Province of Manitoba driver’s class five (5) license required.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), online collaboration tools such as Gmail, Google Docs, Meet and comfort with computers, software, and social media required.
- Ability to establish priorities and action work objectives with a high level of independence and minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with others, communicate clearly and to take initiative and go above and beyond
- Effective public relations skills and strong public speaking/presentation skills.
- Ability to independently coordinate, organize and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Flexibility and the ability to work weekends, as needed.
- Ability to meet all physical demands of the position which includes, but is not limited to, seeing, speaking, touching, walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs independently.
- A preference will be given to the residents of our community or those that have very strong ties with it.
If you have questions about this position or you want to apply, please email email@example.com.