Indoor soccer registration for the Youth program (U9-U18) is now closed.
Note: the age group of the player is determined by the age they will be at the end of the calendar year.
NEW in 2022
Starting this year all players participating in soccer programs across the province must be registered with the Manitoba Soccer Association (MSA) on behalf of the Canada Soccer Association and Sports Manitoba. These fees must be paid at the time of registration which is now a 2-step process: Part 1 – registration with the community centre, Part 2 – MSA membership payment. Only after completing BOTH parts a player is considered registered and might be assigned to a team.
Whyte Ridge soccer cannot function without dedicated, enthusiastic and energetic volunteer coaches to foster a safe, inclusive, positive and fun environment for our children and ensure they have an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
If you’ve coached before and plan to do so again, thank you! If you haven’t coached before, we encourage you to consider doing so. We have workshops and resources available to help you get started and become a confident and capable coach. To learn more about coaching at your child’s age level (e.g. requirements, commitment, etc.) please reach out to the Whyte Ridge Soccer team at email@example.com.
When you register, please indicate your willingness to serve as a Coach or Assistant Coach with your child’s team.
Youth soccer registration details
Our expected registration fees for the 2022 recreational outdoor soccer season are as follows:
- U9-U18 cost – $395 ($365 paid to Whyte Ridge CC and $30 paid to MSA).
- Late fees (minimum $25) are in effect after the registration is closed.
These registration fees include:
- Approximately $50 assessment for the Community Centre (covers admin fees, coach certification such as criminal record check and coaching cards, outdoor and indoor fields fees etc.) and $50 to cover Community Centre costs for delivering the soccer program (i.e. uniforms and equipment).
- Costs incurred by WYSA for the organization of league play, referees and insurance, along with assessments from Canada Soccer and the Manitoba Soccer Association, who are responsible for sanctioning soccer in Canada and Manitoba.
U9-U18 CATCHMENT REQUIREMENTS
Only residents of the Whyte Ridge and Linden Ridge catchment area (see the map below) are allowed to register with Whyte Ridge Community Centre. In U9-18, if you are outside of the catchment, you must register in your home community club and submit a transfer request through your local soccer convenors to request that your child plays in Whyte Ridge. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your registration and possibly losing a spot on any team.
Unsure what your home community centre is? Visit WYSA’s website to find the nearest CC.
First Come, First Served
U9-U10 teams are restricted to a maximum team size of 12 players, U11-U12 – a maximum of 14 players, and U13 to U18 – a maximum of 18 players (14 indoor). Therefore, when we have more players registered than our rosters permit, our conveners will work with the conveners within the district to place these players on another team to ensure that everyone has a chance to play soccer and that the teams are balanced within the district.
- There will be no registrations after the cut-off date unless previously approved by the director of Whyte Ridge soccer. Any outstanding payments should be completed before that, otherwise, players will not be placed on a team. This is to make sure all players that registered in time will be playing.
- As all registrations are time-stamped, registrants will be ranked from earliest registration time (date AND time) to latest. The number of registrants required to transfer will be selected from the latest registrant up until the required number is reached. Registrations are not complete until payment is received. For offline payments, the date and time stamp would be when the e-transfer, cash or cheque is received.
- Children of volunteer coaches and/or members of the Whyte Ridge Soccer Organizing Committee are exempt from being transferred out of the area.
- Late registrations, if approved, will have an extra admin fee.
For more details visit our Youth soccer page.
Mini soccer registration details
The program will resume in the Spring of 2023.
For more details visit our Mini soccer page.
Cancellation and refund policy
All refunds will require the approval of the Director of Soccer. If the Director of Soccer approves the refund, it will be subject to an administrative fee. No refunds will be issued once teams are formed or the season has started.
Please read and follow the instructions provided on the registration site carefully. Contact the Whyte Ridge conveners if you require additional information, or encounter any issues with the online registration site.
Youth registration will be open until September 30, 2022.
South Winnipeg CCs map
Back to Soccer homepage