Overview and Registration
Registration for the 2023 indoor season will open on September 8, 2023, and remain open until September 20. After this date, the waitlist will be open. This is a fun and competitive program where we offer both indoor and outdoor seasons. The season usually consists of a game and a practice each week. To register for the 2023 INDOOR Season please visit our soccer Registration page.
Whyte Ridge Youth Soccer offers recreational soccer for youth ages U9 to U18. Our youth soccer program is designed to be an inclusive environment that fosters growth and builds confidence in youths’ abilities. Our goal is to build on foundational soccer and movement skills, meeting youth where they are at. We believe that soccer can act as a pathway to helping our youth develop lifelong healthy active habits. All youth will receive a new uniform that they will keep and use for both the indoor and outdoor seasons. This program relies on parents/guardians, and we encourage anyone interested to coach or assistant coach at this level.
Each team will be assigned a practice time which will be determined by the gym permits obtained from the Pembina Trails school division.
Our playing format reflects our goal of creating a fun program that maximizes the time each youth spends touching the ball. Our matches follow the Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) Recreation League Rules. For more information on our rules and guidelines for play please see their website at WYSA Rules and Regulations and the most recent update.
Our youth soccer programs rely on our dedicated coaches and volunteers. We aim to ensure all our programs maintain an ideal player-to-coach ratio to ensure a high-quality program and a positive experience for all participants and coaches. We provide our coaches with online training and resources so they can foster an inclusive, positive, and fun environment for the youth of our communities. No experience is necessary, and we will walk alongside you in proving the tools to be successful as a coach. Thank you to all our coaches and volunteers! If you are interested in learning more about coaching, please make a note on your registration form or reach out to the soccer director. Please see our Requirements for coaches page for a more in-depth description of our coaching requirements.
Residents of Whyte Ridge, Linden Ridge and now Linden Woods, Westridge, Fort Garry and Wildwood (see the map) can register directly with Whyte Ridge Community Centre. If you are outside of the catchment, you must register in your home community club and submit a transfer request through your local community center to request that your child plays in Whyte Ridge. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your registration and possibly losing a spot on any team.
Unsure what your home community center is? Visit WYSA’s website to find the nearest CC.
Our goal is to create a player-centered experience where all players feel welcome and are given an opportunity to play. We aim to ensure ideal player-to-coach ratios and that teams are balanced.
INDOOR – Schedule and fees
- Fees for the 2023/2024 season: $380 (plus $35 MSA paid as membership)
- All U9-U18 Recreational teams will kick off the season on November 9.
- All teams should expect to receive 18 total matches as long as we can play our season uninterrupted
- Games are Thursday 6:00-8:30 PM (mixed genders), Saturday 8:00 AM – 1:15 PM (females) and Sunday 8:00 AM – 1:15 PM (males)
- The last day of league play before the holiday break will be December 21 and we will resume on January 4th
- The last day of play for the 2022/23 indoor season is March 19th, 2023
Games take place in one of the 3 indoor soccer facilities:
- WSF Soccer South – 211 Chancellor Matheson Rd
- WSF Soccer North – 770 Leila Av
- The University of Winnipeg Axworthy Health & RecPlex – 350 Spence St
Our major sponsors
2023 Outdoor PLATINUM Sponsor:
From left to right: Abby W., Mark P., Dr. Rana Shenkarow
Visit our sponsors’ page.
OUTDOOR – Schedule and fees
The outdoor season begins in May and runs through June with U13-U18 competing in July for playoffs (NEW in 2023). Matches will be scheduled by WYSA Monday – Thursday, and there may be some Friday evening or Sunday evening games as well. Teams will play games at HOME or AWAY, usually a 50/50 ratio, where HOME games will take place on a field in Whyte Ridge or Lindenwood’s Community, and AWAY games will be played at the opposing team’s field, which is usually in the South Winnipeg area. The schedule is subject to change, please check the WYSA website for any updates.
Practice dates will be determined by team coaches.
|Age||Birth Year||Game Day (and/or)||Fees||Field size|
|U9||2014-15||Tuesday/Thursday||$221 ($175 WRCC & $46 MSA)||Half|
|U10||2013||Monday/Wednesday||$221 ($175 WRCC & $46 MSA)||Half|
|U11||2012||Tuesdays/Thursdays||$221 ($175 WRCC & $46 MSA)||3/4|
|U12||2011||Monday/Wednesday||$221 ($175 WRCC & $46 MSA)||3/4|
|U13||2010||Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday||$246 ($200 WRCC & $46 MSA)||3/4|
|U14||2009||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||$256 ($210 WRCC & $46 MSA)||Full|
|U15||2008||Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday||$256 ($210 WRCC & $46 MSA)||Full|
|U16||2007||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||$256 ($210 WRCC & $46 MSA)||Full|
|U17||2006||Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday||$256 ($210 WRCC & $46 MSA)||Full|
|U18||2005||Monday/Wednesday/Friday||$256 ($210 WRCC & $46 MSA)||Full|
Outdoor 2023: WYSA combines teams in these age divisions which will play on the following days:
- U15G/U16G – Tuesdays/Thursdays/Sundays
- U17G/U18G – Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays
The first game typically starts at 6:00 PM, and the second game at 7:15 – 7:35 PM depending on the age.
Payment is due at the time of registration. Additional fees must be paid to Manitoba Soccer Association (MSA) after that. Visit our registration page for additional details.
Frequently Asked Question
- What do I need to play?
- Please bring a full water bottle, and wear shin guards, soccer shoes, and shorts.
- How many games can I expect to play?
- All teams will compete in a round-robin format plus any additional matches for a total of 12 (outdoor) or 18 (Indoor)League matches.
- What Facilities will be available?
- Limited or no bathroom facilities are available at the outdoor fields.
- Do we play in the rain?
- If it is raining/windy we play; however, lightning in the vicinity is cause for immediate game cancellation. Any match cancellations due to inclement weather will be played the following week Sunday to give teams at least one week’s notice.
- Can my child play with their friend?
- If you would like to play with a friend, please include the full names and ages of the participants on your registration form. We cannot guarantee requests, however, we will do our best to accommodate.
- Where do my fees go?
- Our fees contribute to field and park maintenance, equipment, jerseys, and medallions, training for coaches, an appreciation event for our volunteer coaches, and a City of Winnipeg ‘Athletic Field Youth Participant User’ fee.
For more detailed information about the rules of play and guidelines for recreational soccer please see our U9-U18 Rules page.