Whyte Ridge Community Centre
Terms & Conditions for Registration with Whyte Ridge Community Centre Inc. (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING ON)
This is a binding legal agreement (“Waiver”) between Whyte Ridge Community Centre Inc. (“WRCC”) and a person ( “Participant”) who either (a) participates in WRCC events, sports, registration or other activities (“WRCC Programming”) or (b) permits a minor (“Participant Minor”) under his/her legal guardianship to participates in WRCC Programming with his/her permission. By registering for and participating in WRCC Programming, or permitting a Participant Minor to register in and participate in WRCC Programming, Participant explicitly agrees to the following terms.
Description of Risks
ln consideration of Participant or Participant Minor’s participation and registration in WRCC Programming, Participant acknowledges he/she is aware of the inherent risks and hazards associated with such participation, either personally or on behalf of Participant Minor. The risks and hazards of participation in WRCC Programming vary depending on the particular type of WRCC Programming and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serious physical injury, including, but not limited to, permanent disability or death resulting from physical contact or accidents, including, but not limited to, such as slips and falls, contact injuries (including due to accidental or intentional contact between people participating in WRCC Programming), effects of adverse weather conditions, and use of sports or other physical equipment;
- Psychological injury, including, but not limited to, mental stress, pain, and suffering, and permanent mental disability;
- Economic or financial losses, including, but not limited to, medical expenses, lost wages, lost educational or employment opportunities, and cost of future care.
Release of Liability
ln consideration of participation, either directly on Participant’s behalf or on the behalf of Participant Minor, in WRCC Programming, Participant agrees that WRCC and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and representatives shall not be liable to Participant or Participant Minor for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, any damages for personal injury (including serious physical or mental disability and death), medical expenses, lost educational opportunities, lost savings or loss of employment or a business opportunity) which Participant or Participant Minor may suffer or incur as a result of participation in WRCC Programming, even if informed of the possibility thereof in advance. This limitation shall apply without regard to the cause of action or form of action and applies to claims based on contract, warranty, tort (including without limitation, negligence), or strict liability or any other equitable or legal principle or theory.
By continuing with the registration process, Participant hereby explicitly agrees that he/she has read and understood the terms and conditions of this Waiver, and explicitly and unconditionally accepts these terms and conditions, both on his/her own behalf and on the behalf of Participant Minor.
WRCC will only collect information such as your name, phone number, address and in some cases birthdate (to determine program eligibility). WRCC will use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify identity.
- To provide services.
- To deliver requested product, services or events.
- To provide you with information on upcoming events, promotions, or services that may be of interest to you.
- To provide the best experience possible.
- To meet Provincial regulatory requirements (including but not limited to proof of age).
The information you provide will only be accessed by WRCC staff and volunteers for the purpose it was collected. It will not be shared with anyone outside of the organization without your explicit consent.
Participants or community users of the Whyte Ridge Community Centre must adhere to all current public health orders. Public health orders are subject to change with limited notice.
At present, the requirement for or proof of COVID vaccination is not needed to utilize either the indoor or outdoor spaces of the Whyte Ridge Community Centre so long as current public health orders are followed.
Should private renters wish to request proof of COVID vaccination as part of their programing requirements, they may do so with the understanding that:
- the information collected must only be used for the purpose for which it was collected and be in compliance with The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,
- participants when registering should be provided with the name and contact information for individuals who may address any concerns regarding the collection/storage of the requested information and
- organizers must expressly identify that proof of vaccination is not a requirement of the Whyte Ridge Community Centre.
If a program’s participants have any general questions about Manitoba’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, they may visit the FIPPA website.