Welcome to Whyte Ridge Badminton program.
In the fall of 2020 our club will launch its first badminton training camp for a group of young players to learn basic skills of the game and to improve what they already know. Our goal is to grow this into a fully developed program that will be offered to everyone.
This training camp will be hosted by Honesto Navarro, a certified coach with many years of experience in various programs offered by the Manitoba Badminton Association and City of Winnipeg Leisure Guide.
Fall 2020 program format:
Location: Whyte Ridge Community Centre multi-purpose room (MPR)
Group 1: Wednesday (October 7 – December 16)
Group 2: Friday (October 9 – December 18)
Time: 6:15 – 7:45 PM (90 mins)
Format: 8-10 players per session, ages 8-13.
Cost: $100 for 10 classes. Receive $25 discount when signing up more than 1 family member.
Requirements: indoor shoes, sport clothes and badminton racket.
Registration will take place online from September 21 until September 30. To register, please visit Badminton events page. Payments can be made:
- Offline by selecting Invoice and making e-transfer to email@example.com. Please include player’s name in the notes.
- Whyte Ridge community centre doesn’t have full-time staff to screen visitors, therefore, if you or someone you with have flu-like symptoms please do not enter our facility
- all participants will be required to maintain distance of 2 meters during the session and comply with Manitoba Health sport guidelines
- maximum of 10 participants including coaches is allowed
- no spectators will be allowed in WRCC MPR, but they are welcome to stay in general area (hall) during the program
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.