Welcome to the Whyte Ridge Badminton program.
In the fall of 2020, we launched our first badminton training camp for young players to learn basic skills of the game and to improve what they already know. Our goal was to grow this into a fully developed program that would be offered to everyone.
This time we are happy to announce that the program obtained a larger gym at Ralph Maybank school (10 mins from Whyte Ridge) which is fully equipped for badminton.
The program will again be hosted by Honesto Navarro, a certified coach with many years of experience in various programs offered by the Manitoba Badminton Association and the City of Winnipeg Leisure Guide.
Fall 2021 Program format:
Location: gym at Ralph Maybank school, 20 Donnelly St, Winnipeg, MB R3T 0S4
Classes: Wednesday (October 13 – December 8), no classes November 24
Time: 6:10 – 7:40 pm (90 mins), dropoff not early than 6:00 pm, pickup no later than 7:45 pm.
Format: 8 – 10 players per session, ages 12-17.
Cost: $80 for 8 classes. This time we are unable to offer discounts.
Requirements: indoor shoes, sports clothes (no change room on site) and badminton racket.
to be announced later
How to register
Before you proceed please review
WRCC BADMINTON COVID-19 PROTOCOL
Before the event (game or practice)
- All players, coaches, and volunteers must self assess before each scheduled activity https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening tool/
- Stay informed about the current pandemic status
- If any participant (players, coaches, volunteers, guardians) has any cold symptoms, they shall not be permitted to participate or be present
- If any participant has previously been tested positive and has recovered, recommendations provided by the provincial health guidelines should be followed
- Follow municipal/provincial health authorities’ regulations/guidelines for all areas
- All participants are required to go through a pre-activity orientation regarding safety and public health
- A signed waiver is required (one time)
- Travel is not authorized to events/competitions outside of Manitoba
- Travel within regions of the province may be restricted based on the province’s pandemic response system level of risk
While on site
- All activities are required to have, at minimum, hand sanitizer readily available (provided by coach/club/each player)
- Hands must be washed or sanitized before and after each activity as monitored by a designated adult (coach, guardian, volunteer)
- Coaches and players will be required to wear masks inside the facility at all times, including technical areas
- All participants are required to have their own labelled water bottle and should be kept at least 2 meters from other participants belongings
- The owner of the equipment (nets, shuttlecocks etc.) must wipe down and sanitize all equipment before and after each training practice or game
- Each player brings their own equipment (rackets)
- No handshakes at anytime
- No changerooms facilities are to be used
- Participants should come dressed and ready to participate
- All injuries should be dealt with by a designated person who should be wearing a mask and gloves while doing so
- No spectators are allowed during practices and games as per current facility policy. Parents should consider staying nearby (in the vehicle in the parking lot) in case of emergency
Fall program registration will take place online from October 6 until October 12. To register, please visit the current Badminton events page.
Payments can be made by selecting Invoice and then making an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the player’s name in the notes.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact email@example.com.