Welcome to the new home of Whyte Ridge Youth Soccer (U9-U18) and Mini Soccer (U3-U8)
Whyte Ridge Soccer offers recreational soccer from mini-soccer to U18. The games are competitive and fun and the outdoor season runs from early May to the end of June. Neighborhood soccer is a great way to be outside in the beautiful spring weather and get involved with the Whyte Ridge community. The kids have fun, the parents can visit and everyone benefits from the fresh air.
Indoor soccer is available for U9-U18 kids and goes from late October till end of March.
Quick links to other pages
- Whyte Ridge Soccer contacts
- Our sponsors
- Whyte Ridge teams photo gallery
- Soccer fields and practices scheduling
Mini soccer (U3-U8 only)
Read more about our program:
Table of Contents
Our major sponsors
2017 Indoor PLATINUM Sponsor:
From left to right: Abby W., Mark P., Dr. Rana Shenkarow
2016 Outdoor GOLD Sponsor:
Kevin Neiles, President, Prairie Region, Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited
Visit our sponsors page.
To provide an experience where kids fall in love with the game of soccer…a love that lasts a lifetime
Whyte Ridge is a thriving community of approximately 1,200 homes with an elementary and a middle school. Whyte Ridge Youth Soccer (WRYS) is a soccer club based in southwest Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and part of Whyte Ridge Community Centre (WRCC). We are part of Winnipeg District 1 soccer reporting to the Winnipeg South End United Soccer Club (WSEU) and are affiliated with Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association (WYSA) and the Manitoba Soccer Association (MSA).
We have over 300 players in our Mini Soccer league!
- It consists of five co-ed house leagues for 3-8 year-olds leagues.
- All games are played May & June on fields within Whyte Ridge.
- Mini Soccer is only available during the spring/summer seasons.
We also have over 350 players in our Youth Soccer leagues.
- 9 – 12 year-olds play in the WSEU leagues.
- 13 – 18 year-olds play in the city-wide WYSA leagues.
- Youth soccer is available as both outdoor (spring/summer) and indoor (fall/winter).
Our goal is to promote the worlds most popular sport to the youth in our community. Keeping kids involved in and enjoying the game of soccer not just through the teenage years, but throughout adulthood is a primary aim of our program. With a tremendous volunteer base, we offer facilities, equipment, coaching, and a great environment for players of all ages.
As our enrollment grows, we are excited to offer information regarding our programs. Visit our site often and like us on FaceBook for up-to-date information on soccer in Whyte Ridge.
Here is a short video about one of our teams
Whyte Ridge U13 Girls (Dom Colasuonno’s) team is city A champions!
Registration usually starts about a month before the District (WSEU or WYSA) cut-off date and will be open for approximately one month. During the first two weeks of registration, offline payments (cash or cheque) will be accepted. Online payments will be accepted for the entire registration period. Registration is NOT complete until payment has been received. The registration deadlines will be posted on the website for each registration season.
There will be no registrations after the cut-off date unless previously approved by the director of Whyte Ridge soccer and the recreational soccer director of the district. Any outstanding payments should be completed before that, otherwise players will not be placed on a team. This is to make sure all players that registered in time will be playing. If approval is granted for late registration, there will be an additional fee of $40 charged and only online payment will be accepted.
First Come, First Served
U9-U10 teams are restricted to a maximum team size of 12 players, U11-U12 – maximum of 14 players, and U13 to U18 maximum – 18 players. Therefore, when we have more players registered than our rosters permit, our conveners will work with the conveners within the district to place these players on another team to ensure that everyone has a chance to play soccer and that the teams are balanced within the district.
- Registrations from players who live outside of the catchment of the Whyte Ridge community will not be counted towards the roster and will be cancelled. Be sure to register in your home community centre.
- As all registrations are time stamped, registrants will be ranked from earliest registration time (date AND time) to latest. The number of registrants required to transfer will be selected from the latest registrant and up until the required number is reached. Registrations are not complete until payment is received. For offline payments, the date and time stamp would be when the cash or cheque is received.
- Children of volunteer coaches and/or members of the WRYS Organizing Committee are exempt from being transferred out of the area.
Mini soccer Fees and Registration information can be found here.
The vast majority of this fee goes to pay WSEU for team registration fees, uniform kit (yours to keep), equipment (purchase of soccer balls and other soccer equipment) and indoor practice or soccer fields maintenance as well as online fees charged by the website provider, bank fees charged for online registrations and payment, and other various fees.
2017/18 indoor season
- U9 – U12 the fee is $395.
- U13 – U18 the fee is $395.
2018 outdoor season
- U9 – U12 the fee is $240.
- U13 – U18 the fee is $270.
Late registrations if approved will have extra admin fee.
Cancellation and refund Policy
f you have been notified that your child will not be playing on a Whyte Ridge hosted team (and transferred to another community centre) you then have the following options:
- You may allow your child to be transferred out of Whyte Ridge to another community centre to play soccer. Your child will then play for that other community centre.
- If you don’t want your child transferred out of Whyte Ridge and you therefore wish to de-register your child, you must then submit a written request to the Director of Soccer (see the contacts area of the website) for de-registration and refund. All refunds will require approval of the Director of Soccer. If the Director of Soccer approves the refund, it will be subject to an administrative fee of up to $50. Additional fees may be levied once the season has started.
Proceed to Whyte Ridge Soccer registration page
Whyte Ridge follows WYSA games format and regulations as described on http://www.winnipegyouthsoccer.com/content.php?navigation_id=143 website
Teams usually play a minimum 2 times per week (1 game and 1 practice) for the indoor season, and 3 times (2 games and 1 practice) for the outdoor. Each team will determine the exact number of soccer activities per week based upon commitment level of both coach and players.
Teams will be formed based on the number registered players. If numbers warrant, two or more teams will be formed. If they are to play in different divisions, they will be grouped based on the requirements of the division.
Players who are between 9 and 12 years old (by the end of the year) and playing with a Winnipeg South End United (WSEU) Developmental team (and you know who you are already!) must register with WSEU, not with Whyte Ridge. All other players playing in the WSEU Recreational League register with Whyte Ridge.
The schedule is provided by WYSA. Game days are NOT absolute and are subject to change depending on number of registrations/teams.
Outdoor season runs from first week of May till last week of June. The days of play for the Outdoor Recreational Seasons are as follows:
- Division U9 – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Division U10 – Mondays and Wednesdays
- Division U11 – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Division U12 – Mondays and Wednesdays
- Division U13 – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Division U14 – Mondays and Wednesdays
- Division U15 – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Division U16 – Mondays and Wednesdays
- Division U17 – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Division U18 – Monday and Wednesdays
Note that there may be some Friday evening and/or Sunday evening games in these age categories.
Practice dates determined by team coaches. We offer some help coordinating fields’ availability. For more details please visit http://whyteridge.ca/wp-cc/sports/soccer/schedule/ page.
Indoor season runs from last week of October till last week of March.
Due to the limited number of indoor spaces, the days of play are most often impossible to predict. In previous seasons, U9 to U12 have typically played on Weekends, with girls on Saturdays and boys on Sundays, at various times. U13 and up have played on any day of the week or on weekends – again girls typically on Saturday and boys on Sundays.
At this time game days and times are not yet known. Based on the previous years (see link) we can only forecast the dates. Look at “age group” REC (i.e. U12B REC for Under 12 Boys Rec) since Whyte Ridge is part of the recreational league. As soon as we know them for sure, we will post them on our soccer news.
Practice dates and locations determined by permits obtained from Pembina Trails school division.
Whyte Ridge Youth Soccer uniform kits.
Continuing this season, every player in the U9 to U18 age groups playing on a Whyte Ridge team will be supplied a new uniform they are included in the total registration costs for the indoor soccer season. There is no way to opt out of this uniform kit as it is mandatory. Upon registration please ensure you put down the correct sizing for the jersey as we will no longer exchange the jersey for another size after we have placed the order based on your request. It costs us way too much money to do exchanges after fact.
- No more tattered jerseys & logos
- Yours to keep at the end of the season
- No more mismatched team mates, everyone will wear the same uniform.
Volunteering as a coach, team manager or a convenor
If you are willing to become your child’s coach or simply want to help please visit Soccer Team Officials and Soccer Volunteers pages.
Who to contact